The Beauty Cluster in collaboration with ACCIÓ organizes a virtual trade mission aimed exclusively at associated companies. Participation is free but the company’s profile and its adaptation to the mission will be analyzed in detail and only those partners whose analysis shows a positive result in terms of the chances of success in the target market will be accepted. The virtual agenda will take place between May 1 and 15, 2021 (final dates to be confirmed).
Kazakhstan – with almost 19 million inhabitants, it is the main economy in Central Asia due to its social and economic development, which are largely due to good government management and natural wealth. Its resources place it in the eleventh position among the countries with the largest oil reserves in the world, the first producer of uranium, first in chromium reserves, fifth in silver and among the top ten in coal, iron and gold. This is accompanied by a good business and investment climate, which the country has always wanted to cultivate. According to the World Bank, Kazakhstan is ranked 28th out of 190 countries in the Doing Business ranking in 2018, and the first among the economies of Central Asia and the former former Soviet republics.
Uzbekistan – With more than 32 million inhabitants, it is positioned as the market with the greatest prospects in the entire region. The change of presidency brought to the country great structural reforms at the political and economic level of great significance. The unblocking of the payment of international transfers in foreign currency to which companies were subjected, as well as the reduction or withdrawal of numerous import tariffs, have caused an unprecedented economic boom in the country. There are many foreign companies that are currently positioning themselves in the market, in different sectors such as energy, infrastructure, real estate or tourism.
WHO IS THIS ACTIVITY AIMED AT?
The mission is aimed mainly at manufacturers of finished products with their own brand, in the following categories:
- Cosmetics and perfumes
- Dermocosmetics and personal care
- Professional cosmetic and aesthetic products
- Health products and other pharmaceutical products
- Natural beauty products
- Beauty accessories
- Nutricosmetic products and foodbeauty
WHAT PROFILES WILL BE CONTACTED IN THE DESTINATION MARKETS?
- Importers / distributors of beauty products for the retail and professional channel
- Chains of specialized stores, pharmacies, mass-market …
- Online channel (marketplaces of the destination markets)
- Participation is free for Beauty Cluster members
- The number of places is limited to a maximum of 12 companies that will be selected in strict order of application and whose participation will be approved or not based on the analysis of the information provided that allows assessing the probability of success in the destination market.
- The cost of the translation service, if necessary, is not included. It is very likely that buyers have Russian as their primary language and do not speak English. The company must bear the cost of hiring a translator or use one of its full confidence.
- The Beauty Cluster, in collaboration with ACCIÓ, will work to achieve a relevant agenda for the participating company. In any case, given the free nature of the mission, the cluster does not undertake to guarantee a minimum number of meetings and their quality will take precedence over quantity.
PHASE I – SELECTION OF COMPANIES AND PREPARATION OF THE OFFER DOSSIER
The necessary information will be requested from the companies that must deliver it within the agreed deadlines. A thorough review of the profiles submitted and an evaluation by experts from ACCIÓ’s Moscow office will be carried out. Companies must fill out a complete form with all the information that will be requested. The ACCIÓ office in Moscow will translate the file into Russian and prepare a single dossier with all the partner brands of the cluster that will participate. This dossier will be sent to the identified potential local buyers.
PHASE II – IDENTIFICATION OF CONTACTS AND PREPARATION OF THE DATABASE
Seek identification of local contacts by consulting various sources of information such as sector associations, professional yearbooks, sector fairs, sector catalog / magazines, internet, web addresses, etc. …
Preparation of a database made up of potential buyers / importers / distributors / wholesalers, etc. (According to profiles requested by each company).
PHASE III – COMMERCIAL CONTACT AND FOLLOW-UP
The consultants in charge of carrying out the commercial agendas will contact the heads of the local companies presenting the dossier of participating companies. A commercial monitoring will be carried out by telephone to understand the interest or not of potential partners and provide any additional information that is necessary.
PHASE IV – COMPANY INFORMATION AND PROGRAMMING OF VIRTUAL B2Bs
The list and profile of the companies interested in the participating partners will be compiled and the virtual meeting agenda will be prepared according to the demand for interest of local companies. Each participating member will be sent their meeting agenda well in advance to prepare them properly.
PHASE V – PREPARATION AND EXECUTION OF THE VIRTUAL MEETINGS
For the preparation of the meetings, an attempt will be made to previously organize a webinar on the beauty sector in each market with local experts. All preparatory tasks will be coordinated with the participating companies to ensure the correct development of the meetings: confirmations, connections, translation, presentation of the participants, etc.