Beauty Cluster Barcelona opens a tender to subcontract a consultancy work for the project Cosmetics4Wellbeing. We are looking for a consultancy firm to develop a comprehensive study around potential key international markets and global market trends in order to determine uncovering and strategic international market opportunities for SMEs members of the european clusters participating in the project .
- About Cosmetics4Wellbeing: Full information at https://www.clustercollaboration.eu/escp-profiles/cosmetics4wellbeing-c4w
- Objective of the consultancy work to be developed: To develop a comprehensive diagnosis through extensive intelligence gathering, revealing strategic challenges linked to new global trends in the cosmetics industry and uncovering international market opportunities for sector SMEs.
- Work to be developed and specific budget (the companies can apply for both parts of the project or for only one of them):
- Lot 1: Comprehensive study around potential key international markets – Maximum budget of 12.250 € (TAX EXCLUDED) – Review of the previous analysis work develop by the consortium (Map of cluster capacities and needs) and develop an analysis of internationalitation opportunities for the SMEs belonging to the clusters. For this the company will develop a comprehensive study in order to guarantee accurate intelligence around potential key international markets based on the previous SWOT analysis developed by the consortium and company own market information. The work develop must include (specifically for the cosmetic industry and for a maximum of 5 countries) quantitative market information, export and import information, regulation, customs and other related information to understand and analyse the opportunity on each country for the SMEs. To be started not later than May 2018 and final report to be delivered not later than July 2018. Followup and first draft of the analysis will be presented by the consultancy firm at the Steering Comittee of the project to be hold in Romania during the first week of May 2018.
- Lot 2: International Markets Trends – Maximum budget of 12.250 € (TAX EXCLUDED) – After review of the previous analysis work develop by the consortium (Map of cluster capacities and needs) and the internationalization strategy, develop a global market trends analysis specific for the cosmetic industry and focused on the strengths of the SMEs belonging to the project consortium and a comprehensive study in order to guarantee accurate intelligence around potential key international trends. Qualitative and quantitative analysis about the trends in the selected markets (specifically for the cosmetic industry and for a máximum of 5 countries) is expected and its relationship with strengths from the SMEs. To be started not later than May 2018 and finished not later than July 2018. Final report to be delivered not later than Auguts 2018. Followup and final draft of the analysis will be presented by the consultancy firm at a project meeting to be hold in Paris during october 2018 in the frame of Cosmetic360 exhibition.
- Requeriments from the expert consultancy to be contracted:
- Experience in similar consultancy projects for internationalitation of SMEs belonging to associations at the beauty industry.
- Years of experience: 5 years
- Previous projects in the Beauty industry
- Fluent in english compulsory. The final documentation will be delivered in english.
- At least 2 of the following languages should be spoken to facilitate the understanding and translating of the information provided by the partners: French/Spanish/Portuguese/Catalan.
- The company must justify their capability to be contracted for a project funded with public money.
- The offer has to be all costs included. Travel expenses and other additional expenses must be in the quotation.
- Requires a detailed workplan, including weekly meetings for the coordination of the project without additional costs for Beauty Cluster Barcelona
- Economical offer can not be below a reasonable cost for a quality consultancy work. Any offer that could be considered unsostainable will be rejected. Unsustainable offer is that one with 20% lower than maximum budget proposed.
- The maximum lenght for the full proposal is 10 pages (5 pages for each lot).
- Evaluation criteria: as a responsible in the project for this task, Beauty Cluster Barcelona will select the proper collaborator based on the quality of the proposal and the expert profile and background in the beauty industry (49% of the valuation), and 51% the economical proposal analysis (global cost and total work hours to be dedicated).
- Quality of the proposal – (49 points)
- Technical quality of the proposal. Work methodology and project planning: 19
- Match between the tasks to be developed and the objectives of the project: 10
- Expertise and background in SMEs internationalitation at the Beauty Industry: 10 points
- Expertise and background in consultancy projects for clusters and other competitiveness organisations: 10 points
- Economical analysis of the proposal – (51 points)
- Calculation formula: (51*(Maximum budget – quotation)/(Maximum budget – minimum quotation)
- Quality of the proposal – (49 points)
- The proposal must be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject Cosmetics4Wellbeing before 5th March 2018
- Companies can apply for the whole project (Lot 1 and Lot 2) or only for one of the Lots proposed. Both will be individually evaluated.
Cosmetics4Wellbeing is a partnership of 5 structures (Cosmetic Valley, Beauty Barcelona Cluster, Transilvania Lifestyle Cluster, France Cluster and Beira Baixa Business Association, covering 4 European Member States (FR, ES, RO, PT). The aim of the project is the creation and development of a European Strategic Cluster Partnership–Going International (ESCP-4i) in the cosmetics sector and related industries (Technology, Health and Agro-food), which is oriented towards increased internationalisation and strengthened sustainability of European SMEs.
Our ESCP-4i has set 4 specific objectives:
- Fostering cooperation among cluster organizations and its members in the ESCP-4i and across sectorial boundaries;
- Promoting new value chains along the cosmetics cross-sectorial industry, geared towards international markets, based on inputs and needs from SMEs;
- Developing a Joint Internationalization Strategy geared towards third key markets beyond Europe;
- Developing a governance system and a common branding for the ESCP-4i to ensure active and sustainable collaboration among the different stakeholders;
ABOUT THE CONSULTANCY WORK IN THE FRAME OF THE PROJECT